A sewer network serves nearly forty per cent of households in Managua (population of 2 million people) and the waste transported in this system is treated in a wastewater Treatment plant. This leaves over half the city’s households reliant on various on-site sanitation systems and a tiny minority of these households benefit from an FSM service.
Live Q&A, training events, reports, publications... - Check out the latest developments of the SFD Promotion Initiative on the SuSanA Forum
Check out how the city of Patna, located at the Southern banks of river Ganga, manages its sanitation!
Read its new SFD Report!
Find out more on the sanitation practices in Tikapur:
98% on-site sanitation technologies (pit latrines, septic tanks, biogas digesters)
2% open defecation
Any questions about SFDs? Watch our recent Q&A session about SFDs
1. Presentation: The SFD Manual - a guide to content and process
2. Presentation: The SFD Review Procedure
3. Presentation: The SFD Helpdesk
Watch the presentation with voice on SFDs in Africa and Indonesia
1. SFDs in Africa: From Visualization to Action
2. How the Government of Indonesia is using the SFD