CC BY 3.0
Bogra is a city and the district headquarters of Bogra District in the division of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Bogra is a fast-growing city, which is 196 km away from Dhaka, the capital of the country. It is beside the Karatoa River and well connected with roads and railways. It is one of the oldest towns in the sub-continent. It was declared a municipality in 1876 and it was promoted category ‘A’ municipality in 1981. Bogra is one of the 53 district-level municipalities in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Bogra city population was 400,983. The urban population growth in Bogra is 2.5% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2021) population is estimated to be around 550,850.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that only nineteen percent (19%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining eighty-one (81%) percent is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (2%), Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied, not delivered to treatment (69%), FS not contained - not emptied (6%) and 3% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. The safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (19%).
- Prepared by: CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
- Date of production: 20/01/2022
- Last update: 14/06/2022