Yaoundé - Cameroon

Reviewed SFD

CC BY-SA 3.0

Yaoundé is the political capital of Cameroon and had 3,660,082 inhabitants with 775,911 households in 2017. The area covered for this SFD is 310km², which is beyond the administrative boundaries as the city developed peripherally in an unregulated manner. The population growth rate was nearly 5.3% per year between 2001 and 2015 and 5.7 between 2015 and 2020. Around 3% of the population uses offsite sanitation systems, with the remaining 97% using onsite sanitation systems. For Yaoundé, 49% of the excreta is estimated to be managed safely, meaning that 51% is not managed safely. This SFD report was prepared by GFA Consulting GmbH and commissioned by GIZ GmbH.

  • Prepared by: GFA
  • Last update: 14/12/2018