Lahan - Nepal

Reviewed SFD

CC BY-SA 4.0

Lahan Municipality is a small commercial town in Siraha District, located in province number 2 in Nepal. It has a population of about 102,000 people and is nearly 350 kilometres east of the capital city Kathmandu. The majority of the population in Lahan (90%) uses onsite sanitation systems. 4% of the residents use toilets discharging directly into open drains, while an estimated 6% practices open defecation. Only 38% of the excreta in Lahan is safely manged, leaving 62% unsafely managed. 

This first SFD Light Report was prepared by WaterAid and commissioned by GIZ GmbH in 2018. The second SFD Report was prepared by the Environment and Public Health Organization in 2020. . Both reports are available for download.

  • Prepared by: ENPHO
  • Date of production: 28/10/2020
  • Last update: 13/02/2023