Ahraura - India

Reviewed SFD

Ahraura is situated at a distance of 60km from Mirzapur District, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. City lies in the Vidhyan Range, and at a distance of 340 km from the state capital, Lucknow. The population of the city, as per the Census of India, 2011 is 23,094. Population density of the city is 6,242 persons per sq.km, which is considerably high, when compared to that of Uttar Pradesh, i.e. 828 persons per sq.km. The current population according to Swachh Survekshan (SS) 2020 is 29,960.
The whole population in Ahraura (100%) uses onsite sanitation systems and there is no open defecation. Only 4% of the excreta in Ahraura is safely manged, leaving 96% unsafely managed. This SFD Light Report was prepared by the Centre for Science and Environment India in 2020.

  • Prepared by: CSE
  • Date of production: 16/11/2020
  • Last update: 16/11/2020