Jammu - India

Reviewed SFD

GFDL

Jammu city is situated along the bank of River Tawi in the Union territory (UT) of Jammu & Kashmir. It is also regarded as the summer capital of the UT. Jammu is the district headquarters of Jammu district. The urban local body governing the city is Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC). JMC has an administrative area of 189 sq.km which is divided into 75 wards and 3 zones. The density is 56 per sq. km which is fairly below the national average of 382 per sq. km2. The current population of the city is 7,02,290. The municipal boundary and current population is used for preparation of SFD. The majority of the population in Jammu (61%) uses onsite sanitation systems, while 1% practices open defecation. Only 25% of the excreta in Jammu is safely manged, leaving 75% unsafely managed. This SFD Light Report was prepared by the Centre for Science and Environment India in 2020.

  • Prepared by: CSE
  • Date of production: 20/11/2020
  • Last update: 20/11/2020