Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
The Panchagarh District is in the northern part of Bangladesh. Panchagarh city, the district headquarter of Panchagarh is situated in Rangpur Division, Bangladesh. The city stands on the bank of Korotoya. The city is 415 km away from the capital city Dhaka. It is well connected with road, water, and railways. The town was declared Municipality in 1985. Panchagarh is one of the 53 district-level Municipality in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Panchagarh city population was 45,386. The present population growth rate in Panchagarh is 1.69% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2020) population is estimated to be around 58,052.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that only twenty-two percent (22%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining seventy-eight (78%) percent is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (1%), Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied but not delivered to treatment (75%), FS not contained - not emptied (2%) and 1% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. The safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (22%).
- Prepared by: CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
- Date of production: 07/02/2022
- Last update: 14/06/2022