Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
Lalmonirhat is a municipality town and district headquarters of Lalmonirhat District in the division of Rangpur, Bangladesh. Lalmonirhat is a fast-growing city, which is 329.8 km away from the north of Dhaka. It is beside the Dharal River and it is well connected with road, water, and railways. It was declared Municipality in 1972. Lalmonirhat is one of the 53 district-level municipalities in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Lalmonirhat Municipality population was 60,322. The urban population growth in Lalmonirhat is 2.00% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2021) population is estimated to be around 79,299.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that only seventeen percent (17%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining eighty-three (83%) percent is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (6%), Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied but not delivered to treatment (75%), FS not contained - not emptied (1%) and 1% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. The safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (17%).
- Date of production: 21/02/2022
- Last update: 14/06/2022