CC BY 3.0
Joypurhat is a municipality town and district headquarters of Joypurhat District in the division of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. The city is situated in the northern part of the country, which is 250 km away from the capital city Dhaka. It is beside the Little Jamuna River and the Tulshiganga River and it is well connected with road, water, and railways. It was declared a municipality in 1975. Joypurhat is one of the 53 district-level municipalities in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Joypurhat Municipality population was 69,033. The urban population growth in Joypurhat is 1.18% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2021) population is estimated to be around 84,392.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that thirty-three percent (33%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining sixty-seven (67%) percent is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (4%), Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied, but not delivered to treatment (53%), FS not contained - not emptied (8%) and 2% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. The safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (33%).
- Prepared by: CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
- Date of production: 10/01/2022
- Last update: 14/06/2022