CC BY-SA 4.0
Naogaon is a municipality town and district headquarters of Naogaon District in the division of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. The city is situated in the northern part of the country, which is 241 km away from the capital city Dhaka. It is located on the bank of the Mini Jamuna River. It is the centre of commerce within the Naogaon District and is well connected with road, water, and railways. It was declared Municipality in 1963. The municipality consists of 9 wards and 56 mahallas. Naogaon is one of the 53 district-level municipalities in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Naogaon Municipality population was 150,549. The urban population growth in Naogaon is 1.50% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2021) population is estimated to be around 189,350.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that only thirty percent (30%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining seventy percent (70%) is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (3%), Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied, but not delivered to treatment (62%), FS not contained - not emptied (4%) and 1% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. The safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (30%).
- Prepared by: CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
- Date of production: 10/01/2022
- Last update: 14/06/2022