CC BY-SA 4.0
Chuadanga is a prosperous city in the western part of Bangladesh. This is a municipality town and district headquarters of Chuadanga District in Khulna, Bangladesh. Chuadanga was the first capital of Bangladesh. In 1862, the first railway station in Bangladesh was established in Chuadanga city. The city is 211.5 km away from the west of the capital city, Dhaka. It is beside the Mathavanga River and it is well connected with road, water, and railways. The town was declared as a municipality in 1972. Chuadanga is one of the 53 municipalities in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Chuadanga Municipality population was 85,786. The urban population growth in Chuadanga is 4.00% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2021) population is estimated to be around 122,100.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that only twenty-seven percent (27%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining seventy-three (73%) percent is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (4%), Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied but not delivered to treatment (61%), FS not contained - not emptied (5%) and 3% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. The safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (27%).
- Prepared by: CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
- Date of production: 23/01/2022
- Last update: 14/06/2022