RaviVerma2018 (CC BY-SA 4.0)
Rudrapur (Kumaoni: Rudrpur) is a city in Udham Singh Nagar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, located (28°59'09.1"N 79°24'41.7"E) at a distance of about 250 km (160 miles) northeast of the national capital, New Delhi and 250 km (160 miles) south of State capital Dehradun. Rudrapur has a history of over 500 years, it was established in the 16th century by King Rudra Chand, and was the residence of the governor of Tarai region of Kumaon (between the Siwalik range and the Indo-Gangetic Plains). The city continues to serve as the headquarters of the Udham Singh Nagar district apart from being a major industrial and educational hub. In 2021, Rudrapur Nagar Nigam (RNN) has an overall population of 175,723 residing in the municipal area of 55.25 sq. km1 with 40 wards and population, density is around 3,180 persons per sq. km1.
The output of the SFD graphic represents that only 6% of the human excreta flow is attributed to be safely managed and the remaining 94% is unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta of 94% are contributed by offsite sanitation as well as onsite sanitation. Under offsite component, Wastewater (WW) not delivered to treatment due to leakages and transportation inefficiency is attributed by 1% of the population, WW not treated due to non-operational and inefficacy of treatment facilities is attributed by 3% of the population; Under onsite components, Faecal Sludge (FS) not contained i.e. FS from septic tanks connected to open drains and soak pits together constitutes 50% and fully lined tanks connected to open drains is attributed by 40% of the population. Henceforth, FS not contained – not emptied (15%) represents portion of FS, which remains in tanks and infiltrate into the ground. Faecal Sludge (FS) emptied but not delivered to treatment, hence discharged in the neighbourhood is attributed by 35% of the population. Supernatant (SN) generated from systems (septic tanks + fully lined tanks) to open drains (i.e. 50% proportion of the content in the tank is FS and 50% is SN) largely gets SN discharged into open drains and not delivered to treatment facility is attributed by 40% of the population.
- Prepared by: NIUA
- Date of production: 03/08/2022
- Last update: 03/08/2022